If you suffer an injury from using a defective product, you have the legal right to file a products liability claim. Products liability claims implicate those responsible for creating and selling the item, including:
Representing Broward and Dade County Citizens
Martin, Lister & Alvarez is a personal injury firm in Weston, Florida. We concentrate on personal injury cases to bring our clients focused and specialized representation. Our attorneys have fought for clients’ rights in product liability lawsuits in both the state and federal courts. Our experience and legal know-how translate to positive trial and negotiation outcomes for our clients.
Holding companies liable for 80 years
Our product liability attorneys in Weston have a combined record of 80 years of quality legal service. We ensure companies execute their duty to produce goods safe for public use. With this in mind, the plaintiff does not necessarily have to prove the manufacturer created a faulty product. The plaintiff must prove:
- Product is unsafe
- The product caused an injury
We listen to your claim and decide the best strategy to effectively pursue your just compensation.
What can I expect in court?
If you hire an accomplished product liability attorney from Martin, Lister & Alvarez, PLC, you can expect thorough legal representation for your claim. We take personal injury claims to court to ensure that our clients get the full amount of restitution they deserve.
In court, expect that the respondent attorney will argue against you with these points:
- The injury sustained is not related to the product
- The product itself is not defective
- Any injury is the result of mishandling the item
Causes of action in a product liability lawsuits
There are many causes of action in this type of civil claim.
- Strict liability—the consumer does not have to prove that the manufacturer is at fault. The manufacturer must prove that their product did not cause harm.
- Breach of warranty—the product does not live up to its warranty standards
- Negligence during development, which yielded an unsafe item
- Breach of duty to warn— the product did not indicate any danger or necessary precautions for using the item
Serving Miami Clients
With Martin, Lister & Alvarez, PLC, you can anticipate individualized attention to your case and swift representation in court. Your lawyer litigates on your behalf, affirming your rights as consumers and ensuring sufficient compensation for your avoidable injuries. Contact our attorneys today.